Monday, November 16, 2020

Be a Tooth Defender

We are learning to brush our teeth properly so we don't get cavities.

A few weeks ago room 7 were learning about oral hygiene with Mrs Morrow in class.

First we learned what cavities are and what they can do to your teeth. Cavities can be caused by eating too much sugar and not brushing your teeth correctly. We learned to not swallow toothpaste and to not rinse your mouth afterwards because toothpaste is not food and shouldn't be swallowed, and rinsing your mouth washes away the toothpaste which stops it from protecting your teeth.

Then we learned that we have baby teeth and get adult teeth after but if your adult teeth fall out you will have only gums. Try to brush your teeth morning and night because you only get one set of adult teeth.

Afterwards we created a poster to show what we have learned about brushing our teeth. We wrote sentences on the poster explaining the steps of how to brush your teeth and how to look after your teeth. We drew pictures of things like toothbrushes, toothpaste, rotten teeth, and drawings of before and after brushing your teeth.

I found it easy to come up with information about teeth because I already knew some of these things and just needed a reminder. I found it difficult to put ideas down on my poster. To solve this problem I can ask a buddy or look at some else's work to get ideas. I enjoyed thinking of ideas to put on the poster. Next time I brush my teeth at home I will try the tooth defender tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment