Monday, May 25, 2020

Learning in Lockdown

We have be learning online as a class since March 25th 2020. 

Every week day at 9am we all came together via video chat, students, teacher aides and myself (Miss Te Paa).  We would catch up and be happy to see each other and were very grateful none of us were sick.  We would then go over the days learning together.

We all like talking to each other through the chat every morning before class started.  By Kymani.

Every one was well behaved, Miss Te Paa only kicked a couple of students off the video chat.

The work was challenging but easy enough for us to complete at home, sometimes with our parents. By Sundown

It was fun learning online because it felt like we had a proper job and were working from home like the adults. By Jaydis

Blogging was cool because we could be creative before we took off to the bush to play.  By Rhylyn.

I missed learning at school because my crazy, monkey twin brothers would always annoy me and it was hard to do my work.  By Dee

I liked watching the different maths because the songs were cool and they helped me to remember. By Jacob.

I didn't like working on my chrome book because the letters were too hard to see, so I worked on our big computer a lot of the time.  By Nepia.

I loved doing the maths work because it made my brain think.  By James.

There would be several video calls throughout the day showing parents and students how to work their chrome books.  This was awesome because it means in the future when chrome books go home, parents will know how to help their kids.

Students liked the paper learning packs as they were fun because they got to work on a whole lot of different subjects.  Some were extra challenging.

All in all learning from home was super fun and flexible but challenging too because we were all on lockdown!!







No comments:

Post a Comment